Saturday, August 14, 2010

A Version of the Truth-- Book Review

The front cover of A Version of the Truth by Jennifer Kaufman and Karen Mack describes it as "The Devil Wears Prada meets Walden Pond." Naturally, I am drawn to both of those books, so I pick it up. Plus it has a cute cover as you see and I am a sucker for packaging!

It is a coming of age story and romance about a 30-year-old woman named Cassie, a nature-lover whose husband just died in a car wreck. He was a jerk anyways, so it is actually more of a relief to Cassie--kinda like Kate Chopin's Story of an Hour, but the narrator doesn't die. She takes a job at a university and things change...

It is such a quick and easy read and except for the occasional curse word and casual sex, I highly recommend it for those women over 18 of a good moral foundation. It is one of those books that after you finish it you exclaim, "What a good book!" and bask in that feeling of a happy ending. (Which I needed after watching the movie, Salt with Angelina Jolie.) So, Courtney and Jessica, I do have one copy for loan. I think that you would really enjoy this one. My rating: A-


No comments:

Post a Comment