Saturday, June 13, 2009

God's Will

I know that I speak for others when I say that as God's people we always pray for God's will in our lives. And then we just wait for His will to be magically imposed on our lives. God is not an imposing God. His will for us is three fold: 1. be joyful always 2. pray continually 3. give thanks in all circumstances (1 Thes. 5:23). As I meditated on this verse, it occurred to me that all of these things depend on my attitude and what actions I am taking. God may choose us, but we have to make the choice for God's will to be first in our lives by doing these 3 things. God's will is not a big secret. It is for us to be happy. Just be joyful and live in peace with God and you will be living God's will for your life. It's crazy how complicated and spiritual we make God's will. I can be expecially legalistic about this. It makes me feel better, but then I also feel empty. I only feel whole when I am doing these three things. It's not rocket science-- It's God's grace. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment