Sunday, March 8, 2009

When the Peace Comes

In my walk with Jesus, I have learned more and more to combat my anxiety by asking two simple questions and letting peace guide me in the direction of God's Will. The more I practice this the easier it gets. The trick is to do it immediately before you let your doubt and emotions get the best of you. When I am faced with some task that seems overwhelming I simply ask two questions: 1. Am I called to do this? 2. Will this help God's Kingdom? The reason behind this two part question is because I often feel like I don't do enough for God. During my quiet time this morning, I was going over God's amazing blessings and praising him for his answers to my prayers. I then heard the question: Why don't you act more like it? I immediately thought of sacrificing all of my time and going somewhere obsolete to spread my testimony to show God that I am grateful. I cringed at the thought of doing this and abandoning my life where it now is. I didn't want to do that. I sat and asked God why. I felt like he spoke to my heart and asked me if he had giving me the grace to do that.

No you haven't, God.

Now then. That was solved. I would let the written word travel for me.

I love to write and I was called to write. I think about all of the books I have read that have changed my life dramatically--either internally in my thoughts or emotions or externally in my relationships. I would be so blessed if I could write something that could deeply change a person for the better. So many people are hurting and they don't have any relief. They don't even know that relief is out there. My prayer is that God will give me the words to write so that souls may be healed--mine included.
Surely God will use me.

No comments:

Post a Comment